My Personal Colourpop Eyeshadow Palette! + An Eyeshadow Look


Colourpop is one of my favorite brands! Good quality makeup for cheap? Sign me up. Their pressed eyeshadows are quite possibly my fave product. They come in an amazing spread of colors and a personalized palette system! I love this formula so much, so making this palette seemed like the natural thing to do.

Here's everything you need to know about the Colourpop BYOP (Build Your Own Palette) system:

Available in small or large palette form
Small Palettes include 12 shadows for $24
Large Palettes include 24 shadows for $45 
Shadows individually priced at $4.50 each (you save quite a bit with the custom palette)
Finishes include Matte, Metallic, Duochrome, and Glitter

They offer shades across all color families and finishes, so you're sure to find shades you love! Here is my palette below. Enjoy some unnecessarily close glamour shots!



As you can see, my palette has mainly warm-neutral tones from the nude-peach-pink families. Can you tell I love nudes and pinks? (P.S. That third row is my absolute favorite)

I bought some of these eyeshadows straight from Colourpop's website, while others came to me from people selling them on Poshmark. (Shameless plug, you should check out my Poshmark closet. I sell tons of makeup on there. Please give my makeup products a good home! Check me out here.)




Here are the shade names:


Yes, Pinky Promise is there twice. Not a typo. Bought a Valentine's Day duo that included this shade, and then later also purchased the single in a different order. Whoops! (Didn't even realize it until taking photos for this post.)


Arm Swatches and Shade Descriptions:


Take It Slowwarm light gold with pearl
Ringer - warm metallic light-medium peach
Party Favors - duochrome peach with gold 
Running Late - warm matte light orange
I Owe Youwarm matte medium orange
Criss Cross - warm matte medium-dark copper


Time Outwarm sparkly light-medium coral
Bouquet Tosswarm frosty light-medium coral
Sauvage - duochrome pink with hot pink
Secretswarm matte light-medium pink 
Soft Corewarm matte medium-dark coral 
Flower Boywarm matte medium-dark coral


Monarch - warm pearly satin peach
On The Fence - warm frosty light pink
Nectar - metallic pale icy lavender
Snake Eyes - warm frosty medium-dark taupe
High Strung - warm frosty medium-dark brown
Sugar Sugar - metallic icy mauve


*NOTE: The Scorpio was originally the first shade in this row when I did these swatches, but I rearranged shades later and swapped it with Pinky Promise. The shade order below is accurate.
The Scorpio - warm frosty medium-dark plum
Pinky Promise - warm metallic dark red
Pinky Promisewarm metallic dark red
Going Steady - cool satin dark berry
Fair Play - cool matte dark pink
Cater 2 U - warm frosty dark fuchsia 


Discontinued/Unavailable Shades:
While my love for Colourpop is truly endless, they do one thing I don't like: very quickly discontinue products. Feels like some items are only available for a week, and then poof! Gone forever. Like they never existed.

Quite often, the pressed pigment shadows suffer this way. Best to grab a shade right when you see it, because it'll likely be gone within a few months. All the shades marked below with an asterisk are discontinued.


However, I have TWO good things to share: First, lots of discontinued/unavailable shades can be located on sites like Poshmark or Mercari. It's how I found those hard-to-get shades for this palette.

Second, the blog Temptalia has done reviews on these eyeshadows basically since they first came out. She has everything on old Colourpop OG's, from photos to swatches to dupes. If you ever need that information for when you go a Colourpop Discontinued Product Hunt (trademark pending), she's your gal.


Eyeshadow Look Using My Palette:
For as much as I enjoy my palette, I haven't created many looks with it. Time to fix that! Here's a colorful eyeshadow look using shades from this palette!

I Owe You in the crease | Fair Play in outer corner and Criss Cross on top | Soft Core on lid with light dusting of Sugar Sugar on top | Nectar in the inner corner | Fair Play on outer lower lash line






Have you ever made a custom Colourpop eyeshadow palette? Which shades are in yours? Let me know below!

Post a Comment

The Stylish Scientist © . Theme by STS.