New in Science (Week of May 22nd - 28th)


Hey, everyone!

I am back with a long-overdue science post, and this one is actually a bit early. I know I'm posting it before the week is up, but I couldn't help myself. There were just too many interesting science-related stories to share from this week. 


Before I get into the meat of this post, I just wanted to touch on one topic quickly. In these posts, I typically try to link shorter articles that anyone of any scientific background can read and enjoy. Hopefully these pique your interest a tad and inspire you to become more conscientious of what's happening in the scientific world. Science is, after all, responsible for so many cool phenomena we see and experience on a daily basis. Give credit and recognition where it's due, am I right?

Anyway, here are the top 5 science stories that I think are worth a read this week! 

Archaeology:

If beer in this day and age just doesn't cut it for you, then maybe you should try this beer recipe from 5,000 years ago:

Archaeologists Discover 5,000-year-old Beer Recipe




Astronomy:

This article from ScienceDaily outlines how our big red neighbor is emerging from its ice age and importantly, what that means for us humans in the near future:

Mars Emerging from an Ice Age




Biology:

While there are already various therapies out there for children with intellectual disabilities, a new sequencing process could result in quicker diagnoses and better treatment options:

Genome-Wide Sequencing and Diagnosis of Intellectual Disabilities




Linguistics:

This one is an interesting read about how language use on Facebook differs between males and females:

Language of Women versus Men




Psychology:

Finally, here's an article that puts a neat spin on the classic Schrödinger's Cat dilemma:

Schrödinger's Cat Now Dead and Alive in Two Boxes at Once



And those are all the stories for this week, so that's it for this post! Check back in soon for some neat beauty posts that I currently have in the works! I'll update on social media once those are finished and up for you to read. 

Post a Comment

The Stylish Scientist © . Theme by STS.