3 Looks 1 Palette: Jaclyn Hill x Morphe Vol. 2

The Jaclyn Vol. 2 eyeshadow palette has been out for a while, but it only recently made its way into my makeup collection. These shades looked beautiful (and because I'm basically bored at home right now), so I thought I'd play with this palette and create some eyeshadow looks!

Many Youtubers/bloggers have done the "3 Looks 1 Palette" idea, and since this palette has so much color, it felt perfect for this kind of post!

Here are some basic facts about the palette:

  • $39 USD
  • 35 eyeshadows
  • Contains brown, orange, yellow, purple, and pink shadows
  • Morphe collaboration, follow-up to the original Jaclyn Hill Palette 


By this point, nearly every beauty guru has reviewed this palette. Don't think I need to say more about it (apart from the shades used for my looks below). Here are some great Youtube reviews that discuss the palette:





(Note: The third video is a link to the review for the Jaclyn vault collection. For some reason I couldn't link Theresa's actual review. Search for it on her channel! She's hilarious and well worth the watch!)

Before we get into the looks, I want to say this: Many people fall into one of two major categories with Jaclyn Hill, and even Morphe to an extent. People either passionately support her and buy her products, or they completely bash her and go to town just straight up hating her.

My personal view lies somewhere in the middle. While I'm not a Jaclyn Hill viewer or subscriber, some of her makeup products draw me in. If it's something that appeals to my personal style, I might decide to check it out, which is why this palette came into my collection. Bottom line: At the end of the day for me, it's all just makeup.

With that tiny intro done, let's get into the looks! Here are three looks, each using different color families from the palette.

Pink Eyeshadow Look (Jaclyn Vol. 2):





Thick Skin and Dance Party in the crease | Oh, Hello in outer corner Empowered on lid | I'm In It and Ride or Diamonds in the inner corner | Oh, Hello on outer lower lash line

This look ended up great! Loved the pink and berry/red shades in the palette, and for the most part they blended well. You can see in the closeup that one area of my outer left eye didn't fully blend. My first thought is that the shadow was at fault, but then I remembered I used the Too Faced Glitter Glue primer, which is super tacky. Maybe that was the issue? Regardless, the overall look was super nice and definitely something I'd wear again!

(Note: some red shades are not eye safe, as they contain red dyes that can stain or irritate your eyelids. Do a patch test on your arm first to make sure you don't react to anything!) 

Purple Eyeshadow Look (Jaclyn Vol. 2):





G Money and Not My Journey in the crease | Not My Journey and Stay True in outer corner Good Place on lid | Drama Queen in the inner corner | G Money and Not My Journey on outer lower lash line

Okay, the purples in this palette were not my faves. They look great in the pans, but somehow they lose their magic once applied on the eyes. Somehow, they blended together into one big blob of purple rather than highlight nice, defined areas of the lid (like in the pink and orange looks). Definitely lackluster. These shades would probably work better combined with other non-purple shades, rather than in a complete purple look like this one.

Most of the shadows I used were darker purple/plum shades, and the palette does contain brighter, lighter purples. Planning to make a look with those brighter colors to see if they have the same issue. For me though, these purples are a hard pass.

Orange Eyeshadow Look (Jaclyn Vol. 2):






Perfectionist and My Man in the crease | Heart On and Living My Best in outer corner Positivi-Tea outer half of lid | Boujee on inner half of lid | Ride or Diamonds in the inner corner | Heart On and Living My Best on outer lower lash line

Oranges are difficult colors for me to play with (simply because I rarely use them on the eyes), but this look ended up being my favorite! Love the slightly coral undertone to these oranges, and I think that's why they look so nice with my skin and eye color. Really blown away by how nicely these blended and how smooth they were. Very inspired to play more with these colors and see what other looks I can make!


Have you tried the Jaclyn Vol. 2 Palette? What do you think about the shadow colors and quality? Love it? Hate it? Let me know below!










Post a Comment

The Stylish Scientist © . Theme by STS.