When Everything in Your Life Clicks Into Place

Photo Credit


Hi, friends!

Please excuse the lack of a timely post, but I was doing homework almost nonstop for the past week. I wrote out 2,000 words last Tuesday, so my fingers and brain were totally burned out.

Today, I wanted to talk to you guys just on some more life stuff in general. It's seriously been going so great that I don't know what to do with myself. I couldn't be happier!

Last post, I detailed my previous dealings with anxiety. I'm happy to report that I still haven't felt anything close to that recently. I've maintained that enthusiasm and energy into week four of classes, and I still want to interact with and talk to the people around me! I have no idea how I've managed that, but I'm not complaining.


Essentially me this past week. (Disclaimer: not really me.) | Photo Credit
I've also been taking a look back at the bigger picture of my life to see how I've changed, and I'm so happy with what I see. My life has changed a lot! I feel so much more comfortable and confident in my day-to-day life. I don't question my friends' feelings towards me, and most of all, don't have intense FOMO. I was super worried about missing out on everything since I live at home, but I'm so glad that hasn't been the case. My friends and I have regular conversations and manage to do things with each other at least biweekly.

This year has also been amazing because I've developed a lot more new friends than anticipated. I've always been a girl's girl, meaning I only had female friends, but I've not managed to form some friendships with guys. It's such a foreign (but great) feeling! If you told me a few years ago that this would happen, I would have said you were crazy.


Photo Credit

Academically, it's weird to think I'm coming up on the end of undergrad. I just have two required classes left and then my bio major is done! I'm actually doing research and presenting at a conference in Canada, AND another professor let me know about a cool conference in November this year that's specifically tailored to non-premed students, a.k.a. those of us going into graduate school.

Now this year has definitely been eventful, but in a good way. I feel better. I feel more like myself. That's all I could ever ask. My goal isn't to rub this in anyone's face, just detail out my life a little more. For those of you that haven't gotten that feeling yet, you will! It might take some time and feel like it's never going to happen, but I promise you it's there. Mine didn't happen until my senior year of college!

I'll come back to talk with you guys Friday about some other life things and (hopefully) get up a more regular-looking post like what you've seen from me in the past!




Post a Comment

The Stylish Scientist © . Theme by STS.